Wednesday, July 18, 2012

First Race Completed





The month of February 2012 I embarked into a journey towards a fit and healthy lifestyle following a streak of health of issues which could be detrimental to my existence. "There are two favors that many people are prejudiced by it: The health and the leisure."That quote certainly rings truth in my case. I have been neglecting my health for far too long. Sedentary life, bad eating habits and overweight left my body riddled with ailments one after another.

I told myself something need to change or else I would pay with my LIFE. "Failing to plan is planning to fail." Based on that quote, I started making plans. My plan was simple: drink more water, eat healthy and exercise. Initially, my primary goal was to lose weight but eventually my goal evolved to lead a healthy lifestyle. Losing weight becomes a secondary goal. I will elaborate on healthy lifestyle later in my blog.

The date July 15th, 2012 was a historical day for me. I ran my maiden running event, the BHP Orange Run 2012. It'll the first of many many more to come. I think my last running event was The Crick Run in 1988 whwn I was doing my A-levels in the UK. At the BHP 11 km (well it's actually 10.6 km or thereabouts) event, my only aim was to cross the finish line intact, which I did in 1:22:04. This is the benchmark of my achievement so far. I have completed my first race. To top it all off I have also lost almost 10 kg since February 2012, my waistline has shrunken (I can fit into my old jeans which I meant to give away) and most of all I feel healthier and GREAT!! I finally can say "Yes, I did it!"


Photos courtesy of Kahwai Gallery 

4 comments:

  1. Good information in this blog very helpful information in this blog .thanks for information.


    jonatheran

    http://mmshealthy4life.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can u share with me by email a softcopy of that chart above tak? Tahniah on losing your virginity.

    ReplyDelete