Sunday, August 12, 2012

Long Lay Off





After watching the men's marathon event in London 2012 Olympics, which was won by a Ugandan Stephen Kiprotich in 2:08, I was inspired to run. But when I updated my running log, it looks like this:

Date KM Time
Aug 12 5 36:28
Aug 5 3.68 35:28
Aug 1 3.68 23:53

One thing for sure, I am not getting enough mileage this week. I am not gonna give excuses but I have good reasons not to clock the recommended mileage to be ready for an event at the end of September for the Salomon Run. Apart from, putting my training on hold for the month of Ramadan, I was preparing myself for Lailatul Qadr, which I believe happened last night. BUT only Allah knows best.

I realized that the month of Ramadan is like a BONUS month for all Muslims. It is a blessed month when the Quran was sent down. During this month, every good deeds is rewarded 70 times more than any other month. Most of all, on the special night of Lailatul Qadr it will be multiplied by 1000 months.

Another thing I realized was that the month of Ramadan is like running a marathon for a month. You keep a steady pace at the beginning, getting your body used to the physiological changes during fasting. Saving your energy for a strong finish. In the middle, fasting will get easier as your body is accustomed to lack of food and water during the day. Finally, you increase your pace (by intensifying your worshiping activities) during the final stretch to the finish line. Then comes Eidul Fitr to rejoice and bask in glory.

This may sound like a philosophical progress update but actually there's not much progress to update anyway! So the finish line is in sight. So sad Ramadan is near the end. We may or may not be alive to meet Ramadan next year but Insyaallah it's the journey that matters NOT the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment