Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Running Year


The Newton Challenge 25 km Run wrapped up the year I started running. An accidental runner, to say the least. I initially thought running is boring but then I got hooked. In the beginning I use running as a tool to lose weight and to improve my fitness and heath. And it actually WORKS! Seeing is believing. With a combination of eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, I have lost quite a bit of weight since I started running. Most importantly, I feel fitter and healthier than ever before. I am trying to make running a habit, following the mantra "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going". I also take part in a few races now and then to keep me motivated.


My plan in the year 2013 is to run a few more half marathons and try the distance of 30 km before I even contemplate to attempt running 42 km in a full marathon. Tentatively, I am targeting to run an FM at the new Penang Bridge later this year. Well at least that is the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment