Monday, April 23, 2012

Feel Good Factor

Quest
I am definitely hitting a weight loss plateau. My weight is hovering around 86kg. I would lose a kilogram one day only to gain the next few days. I can't blame anything but myself. I am not strictly adhering to strict calorie intake. I am just enjoying life as in "live to eat". I was in Kuantan for 4 days for the MSA Annual Scientific Meeting 2012. Staying in the new Zenith Hotel, it's very difficult not to limit my calorie intake. How to turn down Chinese course dinner for 2 consecutive nights? However, it was not just eat eat eat. For the first time ever in the history of my life, I fully utilize the complimentary hotel gym. Running on the treadmill. Core strength and weight training. It was quite revealing when I don't feel complete without my alternate day exercise. So I sneaked in 2 sessions one after the pre-congress workshop on the 1st day and another just before breakfast on the 3rd day. Next time I am definitely packing my sneakers whenever I travel.

I am officially into running. Thanks largely to friends and acquaintances in the Facebook group, Gaited Community, who really are a big influence in my new-found hobby. I found out running is definitely harder than exercising on the elliptical cross-trainer but it is a better workout. To further motivate me I have joined the hi-tech bandwagon. I consider all these as investment towards a better health. I bought a Nordictrack treadmill so that I can run even on rainy days or on my on-call days (if I were not in the hospital, that is). My wife sponsored my new Sir Isaac Newton running shoes as my birthday present. My Newtons will train me running forefoot, which will not only prevent injury but also make my running more efficient. Then the Mio Quest to keep track of my workouts, to optimize my training routine and to stay motivated. The only thing left to buy is a Pinarello road bike to complete the whole picture. From now on, I will take exercise seriously because I have gained so much ever since I started exercising regularly namely fitness, vitality and, dare say, virility . I FEEL GOOD!  Nothing's gonna stop me now for future duathlon event. That'd be my ultimate challenge.


No comments:

Post a Comment