Friday, March 9, 2012

[LBF 2.0] Day 3: Diet, diet, diet.....

Michel,

So I asked you to eat at your resting metabolic rate(RMR)?

Pretty tough to for week 1.

Sorry about that...

It was designed for one thing really, just to show you how many calories of no value we eat.

I like pizza, mmm, let me rephrase that - I LOVE pizza.

The problem is that one large deep dish pizza will blow my RMR out of the water for the whole day.

Now what do I get for that meal?

For me - it tastes great.

For my body - not a great deal except for a boatload of calories I can't use (ever felt tired and ill after junk food?)

By restricting your calorie intake to your RMR you have no choice but to eliminate a ton of food choices.

Tasty food, yes....but not good if you want to lose belly fat.

But now I have given you a headache.....lots of admin.

It's going to take a while to work out the calorie count of every piece of food you plan to eat.

You are not going to be able to eat out.....ever

And you are going to have to carry a scale with your everywhere...

And this course is supposed to be about reducing admin?

So you need a cheat for this week

Something that you can use wherever you are, even eating out

Something that is totally admin free

and you can download it here:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/printable/portion-control-size-guide

Its a cheat sheet for portion sizes

Here's a quick preview,

Your protein source should be about the size of your palm. (Not including fingers!)

The rest of your meal (insert vegetables here) should add up to about the size of your fist.

Some other quick measurements:

Your salad dressing, sauce, butter etc should be about the size of a poker chip (One of these per meal).

I know its not perfect but this will improve your eating in a big way.

==============================
The food tastes like cardboard
==============================

Are you thinking this RMR limit might be a little too restrictive for you?

That the food will be bland and boring?

I'll bet you are!

Its the no.1 thing people always complain about when trying to lose weight.

I don't think it needs to be that way though....

What do you think is the #1 reason people fail with their weight loss efforts?

Think about the answer. You may or may not get it. But give it a shot anyway.

We'll chat about this tomorrow.
Greg Mac

p.s

If you have the time to work out your calories, here is a great
free tool you can use.
http://www.webmd.com/diet/healthtool-food-calorie-counter


No comments:

Post a Comment