Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lose Belly Fat Workout - Week 1



This is the program I enrolled online. I have modified it to suit my level of fitness, my preferred type of exercise and my leisure time. HIIT is an instant hit for me. It's short burst of exertion gives me a boost in the morning and my body can't get enough. It wants more. So I ended up doing the interval workout for 2 consecutive days already this week. But today I left out the strength training with weights to allow for muscle recovery. Hope I can keep this up! (I wrote this blog while cooling down for a shower after the workout)



Welcome to the program.
Ensure you have signed up and watched the intro video before starting here

The key to this program is to get comfortable with the new changes before you move on. Each week will add more requirements and get progressively harder so it is better to be fairly comfortable with the current weeks goals before you move on.

Special Note for week 1: This week starts off with a 90 second break, If you need longer, then rest longer. It is not unusual for people to start off with one 15 second sprint interval and 3 minutes of rest - and that is the whole workout.


The concept of weekly workouts is only to give you structure, please move through this whole workout at your own safe pace.

Start at a point where you can manage and slowly improve - you don't need to move to week 2's workout untill you are ready.

Good luck, heres wishing you all the fat loss you deserve.
Week 1 Interval Training Program
  • 5 Min Warm up
  • 6 Sprint Intervals - 30 Seconds each 
  • 6 Rest Intervals - 90 Seconds each 
  • 5 Min Warm Down 
  • Do the routine 3 times in the week with a rest day in between each workout 
Tips: Use the Interval Workout Music Download.

As this is your first workout just test yourself out, instead of trying to hit 9's or 10's in intensity. There will be plenty of time for that.

NB: You are just trying to get your body used to the intervals, do not go all out, ease into the exercise.
Week 1 - Nutrition Goals
Eat at your Resting Metabolic Rate

Tips: This week its important to bring your energy supplies down to a managable level
Week 1 - Mental Exercise Goals
Define your Goals
Review your Goals daily

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I was wondering if you can help me find the workouts for the whole 8 weeks from the losebellyfatworkout since their website is no longer available.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete